Time goes by too fast. I'm not meaning in the long term like when you're waiting for school exams and suddenly they're upon you, I'm meaning for like, the last two days I spent two hours running around getting things ready and it seemed like I wasn't able to fit everything I needed to in those two hours. And for the most part it wasn`t for lack of preparation. Me and Star had bought nearly everything we needed the last couple days, (We of course forgot something and had to revisit the store), and had invited the people over for the surprise party for who... that`s right Steph. I had asked a friend of ours to take her out and keep her out of the house for a couple hours. I brought over my sisters to TP her room while me and the other people who showed up DECORATED the house. Which was fun, particularly since I`m one of those OCD people when it comes to decorating and I love to do something, and then rescind that action and redo it. Ya... fun. I think a couple friends may have wanted to strangle me, but by the end it was wonderful and Steph was VERY surprised, she nearly fell down the stairs. So I guess we did manage to get everything ready in the two hours.
It was a great evening, we got to dance, eat cake, watch Steph get some cake in the face, while she ran around in Princess garb, and pop balloons left and right, then inhale the helium for the 7 helium balloons floating around the place. If I didn`t have to run to work right away, I would upload some pictures for you. Our poor friend Tiff who we hadn`t seen in months cause she was away at school, showed up later and was nearly toppled down the stairs by Steph in her rush to strangle Tiff in a hug. It was really good to see her.
So what did I learn? You may think you are prepared (and I don't know if it's just me) but you will end up running around for a good part of the night to meet your own expectations. Solution, have a good friend with you who can help you breathe once in a while :D.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment